Thursday 29 May 2014

The next step.

Having fully recovered from my efforts in Majorca, I have now returned to the platform I work on. Training is never easy, especially when faced with long working hours, limited gym equipment (although here, I am lucky) and an endless supply of cake! The Watt Bike is an absolute Godsend, out here. Teamed with a quality treadmill, I do count myself lucky. Ironically, despite being surrounded by water, I am can't do any swim training! So, I have to do what I can with the gym equipment, to try to strengthen the muscles used for swimming. A couple of days ago, I noticed that I hadn't planned anything for my next leave... No racing!... Soon sorted that, by entering the Fritton Olympic distance tri, on the 15th June. It'll be good to experience an Oly distance, ahead of the Virgin London Tri, so I can better judge the efforts I can put in, over the different distances. Good also, to gain more experience swimming in close proximity of others... Something I am still not overly comfortable with. Training has gone well, so far, during my first week offshore. My coach has increased my training durations and I seem to be adapting well to them. The last three days were quite tough sessions, with running intervals, followed by intervals on the Watt Bike, followed by 90 minutes on the running machine. I hit all of the requirements in each session and still feel strong, so I guess the intensity will be raised, shortly. Breaking new trainers in, again, this month. This time, I've opted for a pair of Brooks Ghost 6. So far, so good, but I think I may go for a lighter, more reactive pair, prior to London. Must be strong, and stay away from the cake, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment