Tuesday 7 April 2015

Back to running, again.


Oops, forgot to blog, again!...

Following on from the last post, I met up with James Dunne, of Kinetic Rev, and what a transformation!...

I met with James at a local sports facility, where we had a brief chat, just for him to get a feel of what was happening, then headed off, around the corner, for me to run some drills, whilst he recorded me, for analysis.

A few short efforts to begin with, gave the effect of pre exhausting me, to better simulate my natural run. After quite a few passes, with James recording my movement, he had seen enough, and it was time to head inside and go through my paces with stretches and exercises.

At the debrief, in the coffee shop, James went through the video clips and explained how I was pushing off from the foot, putting all my effort through my calf (smallest muscle), instead of driving with the knee, using the larger muscle group. We discussed drills to help me run 'properly' and the need to keep up with the drills and stretches…

What a difference that has made. Paying attention to my run technique, keeping an eye on my cadence has really paid off. Now running up to one hour, and last week I felt confident enough to do an interval session. Having done that, without any niggles, I can now take my running up a level and start focussing on speed again, which is great news, especially with a few months still to go, before the longer races come into view.

If you have any running issues, I'd certainly recommend getting in touch with Kinetic Rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment