Wednesday 29 April 2015

Found my running legs...

Flowing on from last weeks race, I found myself entered in my first midweek 5 mile race for 20 years!
The GYRR 5m series is a great event. 3 races in all, they comprise of two laps of  circuit, based along the flat sea front.
The one thing that had faded over the years, is my memory of how much a 5 mile race hurts! Very intense.
I was pleased to have gone out and done 7k all at around 4:30 pace,  (within a few seconds), then, with a little left in the tank, a final km at 4:13, giving me a final time of 36:24.
That was followed with a strong training schedule, through the rest of the week, including a 10k training run, done at almost my 5m race speed!
On a less than happy note, the falling oil price has finally caught me up, and my employer, CNR Int, has let me go.
It's not a great market at the moment, so there's not much hope over the next few months.
So, with nothing to get in my way, I now have no excuses for not swimming regularly. Hopefully, I will make the most of this unusual training opportunity. It'll give me a new focus ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment