Wednesday 2 March 2016

Hyperoxic/ Normoxic testing...

So, with training still going really well, I was recently presented with an opportunity for more fitness testing.
This time, working with Liam at Easton and Otley Sports College, to help with his dissertation, I was subjected to two Wingate repeat tests.
The first was Normoxic (21% Oxygen), the second, just two days later, was performed whilst breathing 99.5% Oxygen.
To be honest I can't say I could tell any difference between the two outputs, but it still piqued my curiosity enough, to make me volunteer for 5 maximal efforts (Wingate)... Twice!
There was no special treatment surrounding both the tests. I was to eat and train as per normal, whilst fitting these tests in.
Ironically, both tests were followed within a couple of hours by 90 minute runs. The last run (post test) included 6 miles at my A race pace (4:30 mins/ km).
I must say, I've never felt better.

 A good days training...


No comments:

Post a Comment