Monday 27 June 2016

RAMP test repeat.

Recently I had to return to the coaches 'lair'... Others would call it a gym area.
We've been trying to schedule  retest for a while now, but there always seems to be a last minute change of plans at one end, or the other.
This time, we were successful and he managed to put me through my paces, yet again.
Straight forward enough... RAMP test on bike and run, while he takes bloods for Lactic build up, my job is to just keep going until I can no longer hang on to the pace...

Last time I did the run test, I had an unusual graph profile, whereby as soon as I started the test, my lactic acid increased immediately, then after a few minutes it dropped back to the 'normal' profile and then followed usual characteristics, to the final sharp increase.
This time there was a significant improvement in the results. Firstly, there was no 'false' peak, just a good steady profile through to the final kick. This also showed much lower readings in Lactate produced, too.

Previous test:

Latest test:

Note how not only has there been a significant decrease in Blood Lactate (almost 50%), but I also managed to hang on longer, to record three more phases and still record a lower HR, too.

The bike RAMP showed similar improvements, too. HR stayed pretty much the same, yet I recorded higher power, for a significant drop in Blood Lactate.

All good news for me.
With the Outlaw Full just around the corner, that's a nice improvement for me to take forward.

This weekend is the Gosfield Sprint. I have a couple of things I want to try, so we'll see how it all goes... 


No comments:

Post a Comment